My high straightenence brain decided I needed a page to keep track of all the Gastropost Missions I’ve completed. So here it is! Links to the original mission are included, as well as links to my blog posts…since sometimes I have a bit more to say than the sentence or two that ends up in the paper :)
You can see PDFs of all the spreads from the National Post here!
Mission #43: You Are What You Eat
Mission #42: Crank up the Heat
Mission #41: Noodle Caboodle
Mission #40: Bacon vs. Everything Else
Mission #37: Contemplating Condiments
Mission #36: One Pot, One World
Mission #34: Pomegranate vs. Cranberry
Mission #33: New Year, New Menu
Mission #32: Winter Spice
Mission #31: The Gift of Food
Mission #30: Holiday Treats
Mission #29: The Perfect Potato
- Homemade chili cheese fries: one of my favourite ways to violate the wholesome, humble potato. (Nice chili recipe here).
Mission #27: Coffee vs. Tea
- Team Coffee! Don’t drink it, but love to eat it! Preferably in the form of a baked good such as Vanilla Latte Cupcakes or Peppermint Mocha Cookies.
Mission #26: Get Comfortable
- A mission in two parts. Part I: Tomato Glazed Meatloaves & Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes from the new Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. Part II: Mom’s Apple Crisp.
Mission #25: G is for Cookie
- I made some Brownie Cookie Dough Sandwiches for Chuck Hughes!
Mission #23: (Not) Guilty Pleasures
- All cookie dough everything, all day, everyday. (No picture)
Mission #20: Feast
- Turkey dinner is my favourite meal of all time! This year I made some Honey Yeast Rolls to go along with it.
Mission #19: Apples to Apples
- These Apple Toffee Blondies might not be the cutest choice, you can’t judge a
booktreat by it’s cover.
Mission #14: Basil vs. Mint
- Team Mint! I made Fresh Cherry Mojitos. I didn’t actually love the way they turned out, but the picture is cute, so here it is:
Mission #13: Food on a Stick
- I took this Mission on the road to my parents’ backyard to make Pork Kabobs, Rice Pilaf & Coriander Cream.
Mission#11: Toronto Taco Takeover
- I *finally* went to Banh Mi Boys!
Mission #10: Patio City
Mission #9: Summer Tastes Revisited
- Mash-up of two previous missions! #7:Frozen (which I didn’t have time to complete) & #8:Peaches. Here are Peaches & Cream Vanilla Bean Popsicles.
Mission #8: Gonna Eat A Lot of Peaches
- Two birds. One stone. I made the Peach Cobbler Muffins from the Joy the Baker Cookbook. Gastropost Mission #8 accomplished, while simultaneously knocking off #38 from our Joy the Baker Cookbook Project.
Mission #6: Eat Like a Canadian
- I made butter tarts with maple syrup! I may have eaten some for breakfast.